That's Funny!

Disclaimer: Author can not guarantee that all post on this blog will be funny or make you laugh.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Prost to Oktoberfest!

I think now would be a good time to recap what the last three weeks have been like for me and what the next three weeks look like for me.

Saturday, September 23:
Event: "Beer Olympics 2006" party at some friend's house. Played drinking games such as beer pong, flippy cup, dice, quarters, and cards
Length: 4pm-midnight
Drink: Keg Beer
Result: I lost every single one of the above mentioned games....need I say more?

Saturday, September 30:
Event: Iowa vs. Ohio State Football game in Iowa City. Jumped around between four different tailgates
Length: Started tailgating at 11 am.....and the night ended about 1am
Drink: Bloody Marys and Keg Beer
Result: Solid buzz for about 12 hours

Saturday, October 7th:
Event: Oktoberfest at Gasthof's in Minneapolis. Celebrated the German tradition with some girlfriends and cute guys in lederhosen.
Length: 8pm-2:30am
Drink: Paulaner Hefeweizen (German Wheat Beer)
Result: Pictures speak louder than words...












Upcoming events:

Saturday, October 14th:
Event: Several friends celebrating birthdays...starting at a bar downtown, then making my to uptown for another Oktoberfest themed birthday.
Expected Result: What kind of friend would I be if I didn't "cheers" a few beers to my friends' birthdays?

Saturday, October 21st:
Event: My 27th birthday...and the first birthday I will have celebrated without a boyfriend in 12 years.
Expected Result: Lots of cute single men buying me drinks.

Saturday, October 28th:
Event: Halloween observed...various costume parties.
Expected Result: Probably dressing up as a pirate...and pirates know how to party.

Maybe November will be more mellow...

6 Comments:

Blogger Allee said...

I feel like you are totally describing my life - less the drinking, partying, and staying up late.

Just add in laundry, wiping butts, and getting up early with the kids

October 11, 2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Mamadala said...

Yeah, me too. No wiping butts for the time being, though. But I do get to deal with male adolescent hormones and pregant hormones at the same time! Fun!

October 12, 2006 1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of my friends wear lederhosen. Other than that, you have exactly described my life.

October 12, 2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Way to go, Ashley! I have long since relinquished my title of Biggest Drinker in the Family to you. Woooo-hoooooooo!

Also, I would have kicked your ass in the Beer Olympics.

October 12, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

All right, Eric...you're on! You and me in a game of flippy cup at Thanksgiving!

October 12, 2006 5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a theme...maybe you can keep it up at the cowboy breakfast. Saddle up partner!

October 13, 2006 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home