That's Funny!

Disclaimer: Author can not guarantee that all post on this blog will be funny or make you laugh.

Monday, February 12, 2007

How the Handyman Whore Found Her Stud with a Stud Finder

Let me take you all back to last summer when I did a post called "I'm a Handyman Whore" inspired by my repeatedly falling closet rack. Well, you guessed it...last week it fell again. I've lost track of how many times this has happened, but this time I was beside myself in knowing how to handle the crisis. So I called my boyfriend to the rescue. For a guy who had "tool chest" on his Christmas list, I figured THIS was the man for the job.


Yesterday, my studly new beau knocked on my door with a big 'ol toolbox in one hand and drill in the other. (He might've been wearing a toolbelt without a shirt and some rugged carpenter jeans too. Or, maybe that was just my imagination). After clearing out the piles of clothes still on hangers on the floor in my closet, he looked at the wall where about six different holes exist from the brackets ripping out. Then he looked at me with a puzzled expression and asked, "Who put this in before?"

Uhhhhhhh.....how do I answer that? So I filled him in on the delinquent "handymen" who've helped me with my closet. Afterall, it's kind of a joke now anyway. And, I figured it would give him a challenge.

So he reached into his toolbox and pulled out a tool that I had never seen any of the others use for this task before. A stud finder. Sliding it across the wall, he found studs about an inch to the right of where the last brackets had been placed. In five minutes time, he had securely drilled the brackets into the studs and my clothes were hung back on the rack without even a wobble. I'm sure he was wondering how I could've had several males help me with my closet over the course of the last year and half, and not one of them ever bothered to find a stud, but he never said it if that is what he was thinking. And the best part was, he didn't tell me he thought the rack fell because I had too many clothes! He said I just had to find a stud...and I did.

Now, I realize it has only been a day, but I've got a good feeling this rack is going to stick. I'll just have to wait and see if it withstands the test of time. But, I may have found my handyman hero! What a stud.


Are you all gagging yet?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you the lucky chica? I like the metaphor. Much happier ending than the car metaphor.

Does he do bathrooms?

February 13, 2007 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not gagging; just smiling. I'm actually envious. The possibilities are endless. Now if he could just patch up all the broken holes in your closet......

February 14, 2007 5:14 AM  
Blogger Mamadala said...

You are too clever!

But all cleverness aside, if I had helped you with your closet, I would have known to use a stud finder! Your big sister knows these things!

February 14, 2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Allee said...

Hold on, let me get a rag to cool myself down. I love a man in a tool belt.

YOU DON'T HAVE A STUD FINDER?!? That's been the problem all along! I could have told you that! Mamadala and I had stud finders in high school :)

Now, can you get him to fix the tilting shelf above your kitchen sink? If he can do that, then I am impressed.

February 14, 2007 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Mom. When God was handing out "stud finders" to all the women she was too busy getting things done herself, missed out on all the good "finders" and ended up with a defective one. Hence...me.

February 18, 2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home