That's Funny!

Disclaimer: Author can not guarantee that all post on this blog will be funny or make you laugh.

Monday, February 12, 2007

My Celebrity Hair

Most people who know me, know that my hair style has not changed dramatically over the years. There were the few times in college that I cut it above my shoulders, the occassional home highlights, and the playing around with bangs every couple of years. But for the most part, my hair now is not really that different from when I was in kindergarten. Very long. Straight. Brown.

When I was younger, I took advantage of having long hair to style. My mom and sister would often put it in side ponytails, frenchbraids, and even upside-down french braids. Sometimes I'd even try to put cornrows in myself and braid my entire head. Now, seeing me with my hair anything but down is rare. Unless you catch me after a work-out when it's in a ponytail.

But next Tuesday, the 27th, if you local Minneapolis people watch the Fox-9 morning show from 7-9am, you can see me get my hair styled like a red carpet celebrity at the Oscars. Yep, I am going to be a hair model (it's a promo spot for a St. Paul salon)! So while you are watching the Oscars on Sunday night and admiring the hair-dos of Penelope Cruz and Kate Winslet, you just might be able to see the same hair-do styled on yours truly on television Tuesday morning. But, if you do tune-in, try not to notice my split-ends!

Now, excuse me....I have to go deep condition my hair.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll definitely have to Tivo this one. Ask several people to record it for you in case something goes awry.

Maybe you will be discovered! Here all this time I thought you would be a foot model and it turns out I was upside down!

February 21, 2007 11:09 PM  
Blogger Mamadala said...

Jealous! I need a new hair style!

February 21, 2007 11:23 PM  
Blogger Allee said...

Brown? You call that brown? You are practically blonde these days.

Thanks for helping me with my hair - mine is practically black now!

February 22, 2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I was wondering how your hair turned out, Allee.

I did toy around with describing my color, but didn't want to get too fluffy. How about golden brown? But definitely not blonde!

February 22, 2007 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While skiing Saturday I would have said gold, definitely gold.

February 22, 2007 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's reassuring to know that my genes for long beautiful hair were passed down to at least one of my children.

February 22, 2007 4:54 PM  
Blogger Mamadala said...

I've been trying to decide if I should be offended by Lance's comment. I'll be generous and cling to the "at least." Gotta remeber to record the show tomorrow!

February 26, 2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

DO NOT let them give you Cameron Diaz hair. Did you see that mess last night?

I think your hair is Chestnut.

February 26, 2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Word has it they are going to give me the Portia de Rossi do. Should be interesting!

Mama, I wouldn't be offended by Lance's comment. I think he was sarcastically trying to take a blow at himself, but it didn't quite come off that way! :)

February 26, 2007 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair did wonderfully on today's show. I think it really captured the essence of the character it was supposed to take on (save for being blonde). ;)

February 27, 2007 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home