That's Funny!

Disclaimer: Author can not guarantee that all post on this blog will be funny or make you laugh.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Great Scott!


Okay, so we all know Tomkat had their baby. I bet Katie Holmes never thought that her teenage crush would actually end up fathering her first baby. So it got me thinking....

If I realized my girlhood dream as Katie Holmes has, I would've ended up with Scott Erickson (MLB pitcher, former Twin), who I became obsessed with during the 1991 World Series. Huge crush. It wasn't until 10 years later that he ranked as one of People magazines Most Beautiful People, so I like to think I discovered him first. I was 12, he was 24 and he was supposed to wait for me to grow up so we could live happily ever after. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way. He got traded and ended up marrying Lisa Guerrero, who posed topless for P***boy in January (I haven't seen it...just read about it)! Needless to say, I never stood a chance. And I don't dare use the actual name of the magazine I am referring to above...you never know who's scanning these things. Maybe it's a good thing it worked out that way 'cause I think Katie got the short end of the stick.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mamadala said...

He'll regret not waiting for you. They all regret it in the end. ;-)

Man, he was cute, though. Scott, that is. He would have made a great addition to the Chaska Cutie Pies.

April 20, 2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

If I realized my boyhood dream I would have ended up with Bo Derek. And if things don't work out with Minnehaha Mama, who knows?

April 20, 2006 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about Joey McIntyre from New Kids On The Block. I was 6, he was 13, I figured once I was 18 age wouldn't be a factor and we could live happily ever after. Turns out, he's short. Never would have worked.

April 20, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I liked Jason Bateman in the Hogan Family. Still think he's hot on Arrested Development. Some crushes just never fade.

April 20, 2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

. . and Eric, Bo Derek looks too much like your sister. That would have been creepy.

April 20, 2006 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's cute but too boring for you. I can't imagine he'd ever make you laugh. Next.

April 20, 2006 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home