That's Funny!

Disclaimer: Author can not guarantee that all post on this blog will be funny or make you laugh.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Belly Dancing Fool

I recently took a belly dancing class. Inspired by the hula dancing I've watched before, I figured belly and hula were one in the same. They're not. While hula dancers are hip-py, belly dancers are, well, jiggly...at least that's what I gathered from the other full-figured women who were in the class with me. Let's just say now I know how the lone little chubby girl in my ballet class felt.
Who knew that belly dancing actually required a belly? I certainly did not. I don't know the ideal body type for becoming a world-class belly dancer, but based on the fact I was the awkward looking one of the bunch, the favor is heavily weighted (no pun intended) to the type that can "snake their fat rolls" and "shimy their soft tissue" as the instructor so nicely euphemised. Which by the way, she did excellently! Maybe belly dancing should be therapy for girls with eating disorders. They'll realize they can never become accomplished belly dancers until they have some jiggle. Next time, I think I am going to try for hula lessons. I mean, I used to be really good with the hula hoop so that's gotta be good for something, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mamadala said...

Ya see, I should have taken that class with you after all. I would have fit right in!

April 17, 2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I have been trying to tell you to "fatten up" for years. But did you listen to your big brother? Nooooooo. And now look what happened. Hopefully, you've learned your lesson.

April 17, 2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Allee said...

Poor skinny Ashley!

April 17, 2006 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get no sympathy from this bunch! May I take your place in the class...I certainly have the jiggly part down. Sorry for your disappointment as the lone flat tummy dancer.
Mom

April 18, 2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

All right, all right. I get it...I'm not asking for sympathy people!

April 19, 2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home